Fast forward to August 2012 and the Club was relaunched with an aim of creating a Carlisle team capable of competing at the highest level in English Futsal, the FA National Futsal League. Carlisle Futsal Club was officially reborn on 30th September 2012.
Shortly after the club steering group was formed and held their first meeting on 19th December 2012. At this meeting a 3 year strategy was put in place that would ensure the clubs goal of achieveing national league status would be met. The scale of the challenge soon became apparent with barriers to growth included lack of facilities and equipment, no start up funds, no awareness of Futsal and plenty of prejudice regarding the sports merits amongst the local football community. The work load was divided up with each steering group member responsible for an individual element of the strategy and ensuring its succesful delivery.
The clubs mission statement was set at this point ‘Create a Club of outstanding reputation not only locally but also nationally. Be a pioneer, setting the standard in Futsal play, coaching and club development. Above all be a club that the people of Carlisle can be proud of.’
Since the clubs incorporation there have been some fantastic off court achievements. Read more here
The Club achieved its goal of competing in the FA Futsal National League 12 months ahead of schedule and was accepted into National League Division 2 North for season 2014/15. The first half of the season was a disaster losing all but one of the opening 4 fixtures. However after some changes at Christmas the Club finished the second half of the season unbeaten winning all but one of their games and secured a 3rd place finish.
The FA announced some exciting changes to the structure of the National League for the 2015/16 season which would allow any Club in the country to apply to compete in the highest division. The Club was in an excellent position with one of the strongest off court structures in the country in place and a first team squad that showed real promise at the end of the 2014/15 season and so decided to apply. The FA accepted the Clubs application and Carlisle were awarded a place in the FA Futsal Super League North for season 2015/16.
However two games into the season the decision was made to resign from the FA National League. Issues with developing a squad of players that can compete at this level were cited as the main reason. Club Chairman Al Tindall made the difficult decision based on securing the best long term interests of the Club.
2016 promises to present a different looking Carlisle Futsal Club, its a time that will see a shift in focus to youth development and Futsal education in the community. It is hoped that in 10 years time this will create a generation of Futsal talent that can perhaps go on to represent the Club at the highest levels once again.
- New Club strategy set focusing on youth development
- Club resigns from FA Futsal Super League North
- Frank Chiarella appointed as Head Coach
- Mervyn Beacom leaves as role as Head Coach
- Steve Chatila appointed as Director of Futsal
- Club accepts FA offer to compete in the FA Futsal Super League North season 2015/16.
- Club appoint Mervyn Beacom as first team Head Coach
- Club restructure takes place with new departments formed
- Academy & CofE members reach 120
- 3 year kit deal with Nike secured
- Senior team development squad formed
- U16s Centre of excellence squad formed
- 4 Academy teams enter regional stage of FA Futsal Youth Festival
- Every home game a sell out in 2014
- Carlisle United Captain Danny Grainger appointed as an Official Club ambassador
- Finished 3rd in FA National Futsal League North Division 2
- U12s Centre of excellence squad formed
- U10s Academy Futsal class formed
- U8s Academy Futsal class formed
- Accepted offer to compete in the FA National Futsal League North Division 2.
- U14s Centre of excellence squad formed
- Mens first team squad begin regular training programme.
- England goalkeeper coach Tony Elliott joins club as official ambassador.
- School engagement project lanuches.
- 3 sets of Futsal goals donated to local schools and facilities.
- Clubs first academy class formed for ages 3-6.
- First 3 day youth Futsal camp takes place in school holidays.
- Clubs online store opens.
- Official Club website launches.
- Develop the clubs first ever training ground in partnership with Carlisle Leisure Ltd at Bitts Park, Carlisle, including 2 floodlight outdoor Futsal courts.
- Increased participation numbers to nearly 300 adults regularly playing competitive Futsal in Carlisle.
- Signed a partnering agreement with Carlisle United Football in the Community (CUFITC) to drive the growth of the Sport in the local area.
- Obtained FA Charter Standard Club Status
- Formed the Clubs first steering group.
- 2013-14 FA Futsal Cup Cumbria Qualifying League– Winners
- 2013-14 Middlesbrough Futsal Cup– Runners up
- 2012-13 Northern Futsal District League– Winners