Curriculum delivery leader for ages 11-14.
At this age we begin to move towards more specific Futsal training. The aim is to improve the knowledge of the rules, introduce training for a sport as an idea and not just learning through play and we begin to analyse mistakes to motivate players to train and improve.
Our coaches tailor sessions with the above in mind and ensure that by the end of this stage in the curriculum players have learnt and improved on the following technical, tactical, physical and psychological elements of the game.
Elements to learn include:
1. Counter attack after winning the ball back with a 2-2 defence
2. The 2 lines of defence
3. Attacking against 2 lines of defence
4. Introduce ideas about the four phases of the game.
5. Pass and follow
6. Rotation basics
The general objective here is to know what to do in each of the four phases of the game.
Specific objectives in ATTACK include learning:
1. The game without the ball ie losing the defender
2. Decision making of the player with the ball
3. Improving visual awareness
4. Quick decisions
5. Pass, shoot or progress with the ball
6. Awareness of goal and keeper when shooting
7. 1-on-1 v goalkeeper
Specific objectives in DEFENCE include learning:
1. Marking the player with the ball
2. Ball interceptions
3. Preventing a shot
Our coaches will cover the following technical teachings in their sessions at this age group:
Drills and practices should ALWAYS incorporate a ball. Never use session time to train players on physical elements. Practices and drills should be designed to improve:
Players should develop an appreciation of training as a means of improving. There will be a focus at this age on encouraging respect for others and assessing the positive aspects of having team mates. Players should develop courage and be bold in their play. Coaches will look to increase a players motivation to apply what is learnt in training during a game situation.